How to Make Sure Your Motorcycle Accident Injury is Not Ignored
Motorcycle accidents are among the top personal injury cases the leading causes of personal injury on U.S. roadways. This is often because vehicle drivers aren’t paying attention and miss seeing a motorcyclist on the move. Not to mention, the injuries and wounds are often life-threatening.
While motorcycle riders are often seen as driving recklessly, surprising statistics reveal that motorcyclists are among the safest drivers on the road. But it is important to always ride not only with safety but state motor vehicle laws in mind.
When a motorcycle and a car collide, the motorcyclist is almost always the loser. Recovery can be very slow and the hospital bills astronomical.
Below are some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries today:
- Concussions – One of the most serious and common injuries that most medical practitioners see in motorcycle accidents is a traumatic blow to the brain. Such injuries can easily lead to a temporary loss of function. Read more
- Road Rash – Road rash is one of the most common injuries in motorcycle accidents. When anyone is thrown from a motorcycle, even when they are not riding at high speeds, their tissue and skin are extremely susceptible to abrasions once the body comes into contact with the pavement. This kind of injury is very painful and can require several weeks in the hospital just to heal properly. Infections are also very common in road rash injuries, and may sometimes require surgery and even skin grafting to heal properly.
- Brain Damage – A concussion and severe head trauma can cause permanent damage to the brain. Brain damage can without a doubt cause behavioral abnormality, permanent disabilities, and it can even affect speech, sight, and motor functions. Read more
- Fractures – Bone fractures are almost always present injuries in motorcycle accidents. Fractured bones can result in immobility and pain for long periods, and they can also render the injured party permanently disabled, depending on the severity.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – The spinal cord normally runs from your head down your spinal column. Its main function is to transmit nerve impulses from the brain to the whole body and is undeniably one of the most delicate areas. Injuries to the spinal cord can cause permanent paralysis and disabilities.
In any of the above-mentioned injuries, recovery can take several weeks, months or even years. In the meantime, schedules and routines are disrupted, regular bills can go unpaid, and hospital and therapy bills escalate. These costs can reach a surmountable amount—ruining an individual’s finances for the remainder of his or her life.
How to Make Sure Your Motorcycle Accident Injury
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, consider hiring the services of a Jacksonville motorcycle accident lawyer to seek compensation for your medical bills and uphold your rights.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green, Ashton & Clifton, P.A. have championed the cause of seriously injured Jacksonville, Florida motorcycle accident victims.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and want to a fair and just settlement, call us now at (904) 414-4906 for a free consultation.
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)