Jacksonville Product Liability Lawyer
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and clients throughout Florida
Every year, thousands of Americans are injured by products that are dangerous or defective. At Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton in Jacksonville, our experienced Product Liability Lawyer can help injured victims recover the compensation they deserve for sustaining these injuries.
Common Product Liability Claims
Any product has the potential to cause harm if it is not properly designed, manufactured, tested, and labeled, but some of the common types of claims we see include:
- Auto parts such as brakes, tires, seatbelts, and faulty airbags.
- Children’s products such as strollers, toys, and cribs.
- Food products such as contaminated peanut butter or ground beef.
- Tools such as drills, saws, and ladders.
- Household products such as kitchen appliances, exercise equipment, and hairdryers.
- Medication such as drugs prescribed for conditions they are not approved for or drugs that have been recalled by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Medical devices such as pacemakers, hip and knee replacements, and surgical mesh.
Your Product Liability Case
To prove your product liability case, you will need to show that the product was defective in some way and that you sustained injuries as a result of the defect. Your recovery may be reduced or you may not be able to recover compensation at all if you were:
- Using the product for an unintended purpose,
- Ignoring warnings on the product, or
- Altered the product from its original condition after purchase.
Time is crucial in your product liability case. Florida law prohibits the bringing of your product liability case after a certain time period, and important evidence may be destroyed or disappear as time goes on.
After sustaining injuries that you believe were the result of a defective product, you should save the remains of the product and any packaging. You should seek medical attention, take photos of the product that caused your injury, and write down the names and contact information of any witnesses to your incident with the product. Gathering this evidence can help prove your case.
Contact To an Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries because of a defective product, please contact Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton today for your consultation with one of our experienced Jacksonville, Florida, product liability attorneys