Personal Injury Lawyers
for School Injuries
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and Clients throughout Florida
Your child will spend thousands of hours at school. From the moment they arrive, they are under the watch of teachers, field supervisors, and other professionals on school grounds.
When you send your child to school, you expect them to be in a safe, educating environment. But, injuries at school are very common.
Minor accidents are bound to happen; after all, kids are kids. However, there are times a child can suffer from a severe injury that is due to the school’s negligence. If your child was injured at school, you may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
You Have Rights if Your Child Was Injured at School
Your child’s school has an obligation to protect students and keep them safe. Unfortunately, schools are known for their potential hazards, and with dwindling public funding for schools, there are many hazards popping up nationwide that could be easily prevented.
Here are just some of the common accidents we see from schools:
- Maintenance workers leaving behind tools that a child later trips on.
- Schools that are under construction and do not properly gate off construction areas.
- Gym classes that use inadequate equipment or supervision, leading to serious injuries.
- Loose handrails that lead to falling down stairs.
- Faulty playground equipment.
The school is responsible for injuries caused by their negligence – and they should be held accountable for such. But, it may be difficult to file a claim against a public school system, which is why you need the assistance of a school injury attorney. To have a successful claim you must prove that:
- The school was directly responsible for causing the accident, proving their negligence.
- The negligence and accident caused your child serious harm or injuries.
- The injuries they sustained resulted in damages (costs to you).
Filing a claim against a private school is much easier, but still requires the assistance of a school injury attorney to be successful. Since private school systems have larger budgets, they often hire better personal injury law firms to represent their side of the case, which means you need ample legal representation for a fair playing field.
Compensation You May be Entitled To
If your child was injured at school due to the school or an employee’s negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation.
Just some of the compensation you could receive with a successful claim includes:
- Medical Costs – This includes any past, current, and future medical costs your child may have because of the injury.
- Therapy – If your child was bullied or suffered from emotional trauma, then the cost for their therapy and other treatments can be covered in a settlement as well.
- Your Lost Wages – You may have to miss work to care for your child, go to appointments or even meet with your attorneys. You can get compensation for your lost wages because they are related to the injury your child initially suffered.
- Pain and suffering – If your child is suffering from pain or has suffered emotionally, then they may be entitled to the compensation they deserve for that suffrage.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If your child becomes permanently disabled because of the injury they sustained, they may never be able to work again in their life – and you can get compensation for that.
Call Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers In Jacksonville, FL
Protect your rights to compensation by contacting our Personal Injury Lawyers in Jacksonville, FL at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton P. A. today. We will fight aggressively for your rights to compensation! Our attorneys are here to help you through these difficult times.
Do not try to file your claim against a public or private school alone; instead, meet with us. There is no obligation to hire us after our meeting, and you will not pay until we win your case.
Contact us now to schedule your free consultation at (904) 414-4906.
GET ANSWER NOW
Or schedule an in-office FREE CASE REVIEW
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)