Social Security FAQs

Here are some social security law FAQs that our team of social security law attorneys often receive from clients:

Do I need an attorney to file a Social Security claim?

No, you can initiate your Social Security claim on your own by:

  • Applying in person at your local Social Security office
  • Calling 1-800-772-1213

Our attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton can help you understand the process and your legal rights. We contact the doctor’s offices to compile the necessary records, and reports from testing or evaluations. We work to get every benefit you are entitled to under the law.

If I was injured in an auto accident, can I still file for Social Security benefits?

Yes. If your injuries from the automobile accident will disable you for one year or more, you can file a claim for Social Security benefits.

If I was injured on the job, can I file for Social Security benefits?

Yes. Even if you are receiving Workers’ Compensation benefits, you are still entitled to receive a portion of your Social Security benefits. You will not receive the same amount as you would if you were not receiving any Workers’ Compensation

What are your fees for representing me in my Social Security case?

We receive up to 25{5fdd16ef34b61066f424b5cd5cbf7bb2334bf24e56c2c2df8c6fb533c216f4ff} of the back benefits determined to be owed to you, or up to $6,000.00, whichever is less.

To learn more about the Social Security Disability system and whether you qualify for disability benefits, please contact Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton today for your consultation with one of our experienced Jacksonville, Florida, Social Security Disability lawyers.

When should I file a Social Security claim?

If you have been seriously injured and you will be disabled for one year or more, then you should file a Social Security claim. You do not have to be “permanently disabled” to file a Social Security claim.


Do You Have a Case? What are you waiting for? Call Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton, P.A. to evaluate your case at no cost today.

PHONE: 904-398-2212
Get Help Now